Your eye care practitioner will be happy to answer any queries you have about your vision, eye health and vision correction options.
This list of key questions to ask your eye care practitioner will help you get the best out of your appointment:
- Are my eyes healthy?
- How is my vision?
- Will my vision get worse?
- Is it possible for me to see more clearly with vision correction?
- What are my vision correction options?
- Which vision correction option is going to give me the best vision and the most flexibility, given my lifestyle and vision correction needs?
- What are the advantages of trying both contact lenses and glasses?
- How often should I return for an eye test?
If your eye care practitioner confirms that contact lenses are suitable for your eyes, ask the following questions:
- Which type of contact lens will best suit my lifestyle?
- What is the correct method for putting in and taking out contact lenses?
- How many hours a day and days a week should I wear my contact lenses?
- Do you have a contact lens that will provide some UV protection?
- Which brand of contact lenses would you recommend?
If you think that you would like to wear reusable contact lenses, you should also ask:
- How do I clean and store my contact lenses?
- Which contact lens cleaning solution do you recommend?
- How often should I replace my lenses?
Don’t hesitate to share with your eye care practitioner any other concerns and questions you have. He or she is the best source for advice about eye health, vision and contact lenses. You can also use our MYFIRST30™ online tool and LENSPAL™ app for extra help while you get used to wearing contact lenses.
If you are uneasy about putting in or taking out your contact lenses, see our article about how to put in and take out contact lenses. Plus, for help remembering when to replace your lenses, use our free ACUMINDER® service.